Congrats! You’re having a baby
It’s such an exciting time, but it’s likely you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, too. You’re wondering why it’s so hard to find the support you need and you desperately want to feel connected to other women who are expecting, too. If you’re nodding your head, you’re in the right place!
We designed our Lamaze Childbirth Classes with you in mind so you can feel educated, supported and connected, all in one place.
We have developed our Lamaze Classes curriculum to deliver modern parents the type of comprehensive preparation and evidence-based training they need and deserve.
A Closer Look at Our Curriculum
We offer the education and support you need for pregnancy, baby care & breastfeeding. You can choose between in-person and virtual care based on your needs and comfort level.
Labor & Delivery Prep
- Stages of labor and what to expect during each
- Normal birth
- Vaginal deliveries and cesarean sections
- Comfort tools and techniques
- Positions for labor and birth
- Massage, breathing, and relaxation
- Contraction patterns and breathing techniques
- Developing a healthy mindset about “pain” during labor
- The role of the birth partner
- Protecting your birth space
- Unexpected outcomes
- Navigating interventions
- Shared decision-making
- Recovering after delivery
- The first hour of life after delivery
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby after delivery and beyond
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Initiating and sustaining a successful latch
- Positioning your baby during breastfeeding
- What to expect with poops and pees from a breastfed baby
- Pumping and safe storage of breast milk
- Newborn care
- Postpartum care and MUCH MORE
- Feeding your baby, diapering your baby and bathing your baby
- Normal newborn behaviors
- Newborn sleep cycle
- Newborn feeding patterns and ways to feed (breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding)
PRIVATE LAMAZE CHILDBIRTH & Group CLASSES
A private childbirth class is a way to go for the couples with hectic lifestyle or special requirements.
Our classes are based on the research that has been proven to lead to the best outcomes for moms and babies.
You won’t find dull Powerpoints or hours of lecture in a Mothering Mothers Lamaze Childbirth Class! Our classes incorporate movement, hand-on activities, and lots of conversation and interaction.
MEET Megha Khanduja
Megha loves to support families through childbirth preparation classes and also during postpartum support once the baby arrives.
She uses a common-sense approach to pregnancy and parenting and she loves empowering parents to make individual choices that fit their needs for the childbirth process and beyond.